Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an extra layer of security for your myMTEMC login designed to ensure that you're the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password.
If you wish to set up two-factor authentication for your myMTEMC login, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your myMTEMC account.
- Click on My Profile > My Information > Manage Two Factor Authentication.
- Click on the indicator ‘Enable two-factor authentication.’
- Select a contact method ‘Email’ or ‘Text Message’ or ‘One-Time Password Application.’
- Enter the information for the selected contact method and then click on the 'Continue' button.
- The verification code will be sent to the selected contact method.
- Enter the verification code and then click on the button ‘Save’.
After completing the steps above, you have successfully enrolled for 2FA.
2FA code will be checked whenever you log in to the myMTEMC account.
Trusted devices: The "Don't ask me again on this device" option allows members to access myMTEMC without two-factor authentication enabled for 30 days. After 30 days, the member is prompted for two-factor authentication again.
Primary users can now add secondary users to their accounts. The primary user controls the maintenance of credentials for secondary users, including unsubscribing, resetting passwords, and disabling two-factor authentication.
Note: Primary users cannot manage additional users from the Mobile application.
To add secondary users, members should:
- Go to the myMTEMC desktop portal.
- Hover on the menu item 'My Profile' and select the 'My Information' item from the dropdown menu.
- On the following screen, select 'Manage My Registered Accounts' option.
- From this screen, you can add additional users to your account using the 'Manage Additional Users' section.
Auto-login allows the user to automatically login on future visits by storing their email address and password in a cookie. This option should be used with caution if the information is stored on a public computer.
If you are the sole user of your computer and if no one else that you do not trust has access to it, you may use the auto-login feature to avoid typing in your password each time you log in to myMTEMC.
WARNING PRIVACY ISSUE: If you have any concern about the privacy of your data, we recommend strongly that you do not use the auto-login feature because anyone who has access to your computer can also view your myMTEMC data. In particular, we recommend not using it on any public, work, or any computer which has multiple users. We provided this option for the convenience of those members who do not share a computer and who use myMTEMC mostly from home.