Title VI - Statement of Nondiscrimination
In accordance with Federal civil rights law, MTE reaffirms its policy that no person on the basis of race, color, or national origin shall be excluded from participation in, admission or access to, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to discrimination under any of this organization’s programs, services, or activities.
Limited English Proficiency Plan (LEP Plan)
MTE is committed to making its services and programs available to all persons within its service territory including those with limited English proficiency (LEP). Based on this commitment, MTE takes steps to ensure that persons with LEP have meaningful access and an equal opportunity to receive MTE services and participate in MTE programs. If any individual requires MTE assistance to conduct business with MTE, they may contact 877-777-9020. Member Services representatives are able to connect callers to interpreter services for languages other than English.
Newly hired MTE employees shall, during their orientation process, be advised about MTE’s nondiscrimination policies and procedures. MTE employees will receive periodic training regarding their responsibility to render a high quality of services to all members regardless of their race, color, or national origin.
The person responsible for coordinating this organization’s nondiscrimination compliance effort is Chris Jones, President/CEO. Any individual, or specific class of individuals, who feels that this organization has subjected them to discrimination may file a written complaint with this organization. Complaints must be filed within 180 days after the alleged discrimination. Confidentiality will be maintained to the extent possible.
By your use of this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the terms and conditions of its use, together with the Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation (“MTE”) policy statements relating to member information and privacy.
The term ‘MTE ’ or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of this website whose registered office is located at 555 New Salem Highway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of this website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- MTE does not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose.
- Users of this website acknowledge that such information and materials on this website may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by Tennessee law.
- All MTE approved policies relating to member information and privacy apply to the information contained and presented at this website.
We respect your privacy. In utilizing MTE’s online services, you may be asked to provide personal information to verify your identity as the account holder, to receive a specific response or to increase the accuracy of certain information. Such information will be used only in the manner herein described. We and our contracted application service providers (ASPs) will not give away, trade or sell any information obtained from our users.
We may aggregate information on our entire customer base for analysis or marketing purposes.
If you visit our site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site.
- The date and time you access our site.
- The Internet address of the application from which you linked directly to our site.
This information is used by our software programs on our website to create summary statistics that allow us to assess the number of visitors, determine technical design specifications, monitor system performance, and help us make our site more useful to customers.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Personal data may be required for participation in specific MTE web and marketing services. Such information may include name, social security number, driver’s license number, telephone number, address, ZIP code, account number, e-mail address, and any other personally identifiable information that you may submit via our website. This information will be treated securely. When a person visits the site, a cookie may be created on the user's machine that stores that visitor's user ID. The cookie exists on the user's machine for a specified period, after which it expires. A second cookie also may be created to hold session information. It expires as soon as the session terminates or within a pre-determined time of user inactivity during the session. We and our ASPs may utilize cookies to save your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit the site. Your personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to a third party other than MTE’s ASPs or its subsidiaries/affiliates without your consent, except if the disclosure is required by court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any governmental or regulatory request.
PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS
When you provide your telephone number or email address to MTE, you give us authorization to reply via that contact method to answer a specific inquiry, provide notices about your account, or provide follow-up contact. Your phone number and email address will be stored for future notifications from MTE, such as when new products or services are available.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized use, alteration and disclosure. Any payment transactions and any form submissions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Last modified: [04/01/2019]
Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation ("MTE" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you access or use the MTE Documents Library (the "App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
- This policy applies only to information we collect in this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other MTE apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the contact information listed at the bottom of this notice.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
You may be asked to provide personally identifiable information when you download, register with or use this App.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms in the App, including information provided at the time of registering to use the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and your contact information), if you contact us.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details — When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Stored Information and Files — The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information — This App may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
- If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Web Beacons--Pages of the App and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit MTE to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain App content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when App updates are available and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you use the App.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of MTE's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding in which personal information held by MTE about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of MTE, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Location Information — You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device's location through the device's privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Any member of Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation (MTE) is bound by and agrees to the terms and conditions as set forth in MTE’s Bylaws and its Schedule of Rules and Regulations, both of which may be found on MTE’s website. The member agrees to pay for electric service as measured by MTEC's metering devices in accordance with the applicable rates and charges as specified in MTE's rate schedule. The member agrees to allow right of access to MTE's agent on the member's premises at all reasonable times and for necessary purposes. Member assumes responsibility of service beginning from connection date or until MTE is properly notified of cancellation of service. Member understands all billings rendered by MTE shall be due and payable as per the bill. Failure to receive a bill does not release member from payment obligations. The member shall pay all collections expenses, attorney fees and court costs if payment is delinquent due to fraud, default or failure to perform the member’s obligations. The member’s obligations shall apply to the original address of the member and to all future addresses of the member.
By signing up for service with MTE, you expressly consent to be contacted by MTE, our agents, representatives, affiliates, or anyone calling on our behalf for any and all purposes arising out of or relating to your account, at any telephone number, or physical or electronic address you provide or at which you may be reached. You certify, warrant and represent that the telephone numbers that you have provided to us are your contact numbers. You agree to promptly alert MTE whenever you stop using a particular telephone number. You agree we may contact you in any way, including SMS messages (including text messages), calls using prerecorded messages or artificial voice, and calls and messages delivered using auto telephone dialing system or an automatic texting system. Message and data rates may apply.