Member Assistance

MTE is committed to helping our members.

For decades, MTE has helped members by providing electricity to power opportunities in their daily lives. As one of the largest not-for-profit electric distribution cooperatives in the country, MTE has built programs and options designed to assist members who need them. If you have questions about any of the unique programs or options below, feel free to contact our member support team or stop at a local office.

Assistance Programs

Members dependent on life-support equipment in their homes are given special consideration by MTE.  To be granted this special attention, members are required to complete a form, which includes the verification of a doctor.

Once members are identified in this manner, the cooperative will note their accounts in case of payment delinquency or other special circumstances. This does not grant priority restoration in the event of an outage. If you would like to talk to someone about your situation, call MTE Member Services and Community Outreach at 615-494-1545.

To sign up, download and complete the Life Support Program form for your local county office.

You can mail or fax it by using the numbers on the form.

Learn More

Part of MTE's SharingChange foundation is to assist members who need financial assistance. We fund energy assistance accounts year-round through several local help agencies. These local agencies handle the application process and administer the funds on behalf of MTE. The application process is easy, and, just like MTE, these agencies are ready to help those who need it most. 

Learn More

Is your home able to withstand the Tennessee weather?

MTE directs members to local community action agencies for the Weatherization Assistance Program, a federal program for making homes more energy-efficient.  Members who qualify, according to eligibility requirements, may receive financial assistance to weatherize their homes.

Priority will be given to low-income families with small children, people with disabilities, and the elderly.

Weatherization may include air and duct sealing, insulation, storm window installation, caulking, and other efforts to improve a home’s energy efficiency.

For more information, members can contact these organizations:

  • In Rutherford, Williamson and Wilson counties, contact Debbie Houser of Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency at 615-742-1113 or 615-742-1137.
  • In Cannon County, contact Larry Davis of Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency at 615-563-2916.
Learn More