Is your home able to withstand the Tennessee weather?

MTE directs members to local community action agencies for the Weatherization Assistance Program, a federal program for making homes more energy-efficient.  Members who qualify, according to eligibility requirements, may receive financial assistance to weatherize their homes.

Priority will be given to low-income families with small children, people with disabilities, and the elderly.

Weatherization may include air and duct sealing, insulation, storm window installation, caulking, and other efforts to improve a home’s energy efficiency.

For more information, members can contact these organizations:

  • In Rutherford, Williamson and Wilson counties, contact Debbie Houser of Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency at 615-742-1113 or 615-742-1137.
  • In Cannon County, contact Larry Davis of Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency at 615-563-2916.